Birth Doula Services
Pregnancy,Birth, and Breastfeeding Support
Congratulations on the new journey you are about to take. It will be an exciting and life transforming one! It is my desire to help you achieve the type of birth that you are hoping for, by being the helper at your side, supporting you and working alongside any other friends or partners whom you choose to accompany you into the delivery room.
My basic birth doula services include 2 meetings with me prior to delivery (so that we can get to know each other a little and go over your expectations or preferences for the upcoming birth). I am always free to answer any questions you may have via phone or email. Then, I would either meet you at your home or else at the hospital when you go into active labour. Many times I may arrive before active labour depending on the circumstances. Most often, I will need a full hour to arrive on site from the time that you call me. Once I am assisting you, I will remain until the baby is born and I have made sure that you are comfortable and settled afterwards (usually about one to two hours after baby is born). In the case of a c-section where I am not present in the operating room, I will remain until you are settled with baby after surgery. After all deliveries, I will see you for a follow-up visit within one to two weeks to check on both you and baby in case you have any further questions and to debrief on the whole delivery process.
The cost for my birth doula services are $800. I require a $200 deposit at the time you book me, and then the remainder of the fee once baby has safely arrived and I am on my way out. For those with limited financial resources, please
I am now a trained Breastfeeding Support Specialist. I have completed the Douglas College Breastfeeding Support course for Healthcare Professionals, and I am excited to help you solve some of your breastfeeding challenges. The cost for this service is $50/hr (about half the cost of a lactation consultant) Some areas of difficulty that I can assist with include: nipple pain, proper latch, effective milk transfer, milk supply problems (too much or too little), and breast pain
Abbotsford Doula Group
I am now part of the Abbotsford Doula Group! We offer support for your birth through an on-call rotation model. What this means for you is (in addition to standard doula care):
- Guaranteed 24/7 doula care
- A fresh doula (not tired or exhausted from previous births) who has enough energy to run the race with you
- A team of support with multiple perspectives to serve you
- Phone support whenever you need it
- Meeting a majority of our doulas through Pregnancy to Postpartum Information Nights
- The possibility of a second doula on hand to assist if needed
- Slightly reduced costs from my exclusive doula care
- Our structure allows us to accept a significantly higher volume of clients than a single doula practice. This means we are more likely to be able to accept you as our client and serve your needs well!
Please head over to the Abbotsford Doula Group website for more information!